Sunday, July 13, 2008

Alpha

Howdy there

I hopefully will start putting some thoughts down here as I go along. I acknowledge that this has a high probability of becoming another blog stub, like one sees so often on the internet.


What's in a title?

I thought it was a suitable title for a beginning... and this is the beginning...in more ways than one.

It's the beginning of my blog.

It's the beginning of my Linux career. Actually more like a renaissance. I used to use Linux before but haven't in about 10 years or so. I also never really had my own Linux box where I could run root commands and actually install stuff. With my newly acquired Asus Eee I've been forced to get reacquainted, this time with the Xandros/Debian flavour, and so far I'm loving it!

I'm looking for a new job so I'm also refreshing my knowledge of C++ and learning some Python along the way as well.

Finally, Alpha, Beta and Gamma all have meanings in Quantitative Finance and this was a title of a blog I wanted to write about 3 years ago explaining these concepts and what I had learned about them. That's not really my focus right now but I might pick up these topics again once I've taken care of my current more pressing needs.

No comments: